DSHS CSTC Recreation Therapist
DSHS Recreation Therapist
The Recreation Therapist develops a purposeful Recreation Therapy/Participation program for CSTC clients. In this role, you will administer appropriate Recreation Therapy Assessments to patients who experience severe emotional disabilities. This job requires strong leadership skills, tolerance and patience in working with a challenging population of youth. You will provide guidance, training and mentorship to staff, students and volunteers.
Come join us on our mission of Transforming Lives!
Some of what you’ll do:
- Plan, organize, and implement a therapeutic recreation plan of care to meet individual patient needs
- Conduct approximately 15-20 therapy groups per weeks
- Facilitate improvement of social, cognitive, emotional and physical functional abilities
- Organize and lead recreation therapy activities both in and outside of hospital environment
- Confer with interdisciplinary team, individual patients and family members to develop and recommend patient’s therapeutic recreational program
- Mentor, train, and coordinate the work of recreation therapy students and/or volunteers in the therapeutic recreation procedures
What we’re looking for:
- Ability to work as a contributing member of a team
- Strong leadership skills
- Organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to obtain Lifeguard Certification
- Eligibility to sit for the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) exam or already has certification
Who should apply?
- Professionals who have graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program – professional therapeutic recreation experience is a plus, but not required OR equivalent education/experience
Questions? Contact Patti.Palmer@dshs.wa.gov or at business line 360-725-5810 and reference 07367
- More information: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2906211/dshs-cstc-recreation-therapist
- A message from the WSTRA Board
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapist, PACE Redmond, Providence ElderPlace, Redmond, WA