National Certification

RT/TR National Certification


NCTRC logo


To enter the RT/TR profession, one must hold a Baccalaureate, Masters or Doctorate in either Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation with a Therapeutic option (emphasis).  Completion of such degrees from an accredited program, as well as a fieldwork experience meeting certification standards, makes one eligible to sit for the national TR certification exam given by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification® (NCTRC®).


Please see the NCTRC website for more information


Verify certification of a therapist

Facebook Icon