Overlake Hospital is currently seeking a talented Recreational Therapist to work on our growing Inpatient Adult Behavioral Health Unit in Bellevue, WA!
APPLY HERE: https://bit.ly/2Grl5CG
Position Overview: The Recreational Therapist (RT) is a primary member of the treatment team of the program he/she is assigned to. The RT participates in the formation, implementation, and revision of a treatment or educational plan for each patient or student within programming. The RT provides direct patient/student care and is responsible for communicating with other team members regarding students/patients behavior and response to the treatment and/or education plan and interventions. The RT participates in the planning and development of all recreational programming within the treatment program he/she is assigned and as a collaborative member of the RT department.
Unit Overview: The Psychiatric Unit is a 14 bed acute voluntary unit specializing in crisis intervention for adult patients. Our average length of stay is 3-5 days. A Recreational Therapist is a member of the psychiatry nursing team whose primary duties and responsibilities are to provide individualized direct care and to participate in the Interdisciplinary Program. The Recreation Therapist works under the direction of the Charge Nurse.
– .6 (48 hours per bi weekly pay period)
– Day, 8hr Shifts
– Full benefits and free parking!
– Facilitates group recreation therapy including topics of self-care activities, balanced structure planning, relaxation techniques, stress management skills, immediate coping skills, and leisure exploration and implementation.
– Performs Life Management Skills Assessment and contributes to the formation, implementation and revision of a general educational and/or treatment plan for each patient
– Assesses for and provides patients with appropriate referrals and resources specific to the patient’s treatment plan.
– B.A. or B.S. in Recreation from accredited school
– Must be Board Certified by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
– Recreational Therapist, State of Washington
– Healthcare provider CPR Certification required.
– Inpatient acute psychiatric experience preferred.
– Excellent customer service and communication skills/experience.
– Free parking or public transportation pass (ORCA orcacard.com)
– Professional development
– Competitive compensation package
– Generous PTO
– Medical, dental, vision
– 2 part retirement plan including matching
– Long term disability
– Flex spending
– Extended illness banked hours
– Employee Assistance program
Overlake is committed to providing ready access to a highly trained and compassionate medical team, who are consistent and comprehensive in coordination of care for all patients. Our group practice champions superior quality-of-care, superior outcomes, a superior patient experience, and work-life balance. We believe exceptional patient care comes naturally when our employees feel respected, valued and cared for too. These high standards and high expectations will give us the ability to recruit and retain the best healthcare teams in the region.
- JOB POSTING: Clare Bridge Program Coordinator, Federal Way, WA
- A message from the WSTRA Board