DSHS WSH Recreation Therapist 2
- Recreation Therapist | Apply Today | We’re Hiring
Great opportunities exist for Recreation Therapists at Western State Hospital.
Western’s Recreation Therapists have unique work experience because of the diversity of our patients and the ability to build long term therapeutic relationships. Every day will present opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills and leadership capacity while making a real difference to the people receiving care and treatment.
Our Recreation Services interact in 1:1 engagement, active treatment groups, and special events and activities. Recreation Therapists provide therapeutic recreation services to patients with behavioral health issues and neuro-cognitive diagnosis. You will serve as an active member of the interdisciplinary team, conducting assessments, developing plans, and implementing recreational alternatives.
Join us in Transforming Lives!
Some of what you’ll do:
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients with behavioral health issues both on the ward and the Recovery Center
- Interview patients, develop, and document individualized assessments and treatment plans
- Assess, plan, implement and conduct need-based recreational therapy to contribute towards treatment groups and individual therapy
- Provide consultation and recommendations to a multidisciplinary treatment team regarding patient’s recreational therapy needs to improve their quality of life
What we’re looking for:
- Strong leadership skills to lead groups of people experiencing a behavioral health issue
- Professional and able to walk, sit and hike
- Enjoy working independently and in a group
Who should apply?
- Therapeutic Recreation Program graduate
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Able to register with Washington State, Department of Health as a Recreation Therapist
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
- UPDATE: Nominations are now open for WSTRA Board of Directors positions!
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapist, Snoqualmie Valley Hospital