JOB POSTING: DSHS BHA Recreation and Athletics Specialist, CSTC, Lakewood, WA
DSHS BHA Recreation and Athletics Specialist
Interested in a meaningful career with growth opportunities? The Child Study and Treatment Center (CSTC) is looking for a new team member for our Recreation & Athletic Specialist 2. Your day will be filled with organizing and leading a variety of recreational activities that will meet the needs, interest and abilities for children and adolescents with emotional disorders.
Some of what you will do:
- Plan, organize and lead on and off campus recreational activities and special events
- Prepare and implement scheduled recreation activities
- Prepare oral and written reports
- Facilitate improvement of social, cognitive, emotional and physical functioning
- Document activities and patient progress
- Maintain documentation/records related to patient care
- Assist the Recreation Therapist in therapy groups
- Assist in securing resources and equipment
What we are looking for:
- Experience intervening and de-escalating crises/dangerous situations
- Knowledge of mental health and recovery principles
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to confidently lead activities for youth with severe mental health issues
- Ability to work independently
Who should apply:
- Professionals with a Bachelor’s degree involving major study in either recreation or therapeutic recreation, music, drama, or physical education or psychology, sociology, or education with a minor in recreation, physical education, music or drama and one year of paid, professional recreation experience.
- One year of experience as a Recreation and Athletics Specialist 1.
- Equivalent education/experience will substitute for all desirable qualifications except when there are legal requirements, such as a license/certification/registration.
As a condition of continued employment, you must obtain and maintain a current Agency Affiliated Counselor or higher counseling-related credential from the Washington State Department of Health.
If you have questions email firstname.lastname@example.org. Details about the work schedule can be found in the supplemental questions.Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
More information – https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/washington/jobs/2606884/dshs-bha-recreation-and-athletics-specialist
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist, Western State Hospital, Lakewood, WA
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist (Temporary NTE 13 months), VA, Tacoma, WA