JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapist, Riverview Retirement, Spokane, WA
|Department: Recreational Therapy||Work Schedule: Full time, weekends, some evenings|
|FLSA Status: Non-Exempt||Reports To: Recreational Therapy Director|
|Positions Supervised: None||Amount of Travel Required: Occasional travel required|
Recreational Therapist will direct and coordinate recreation based treatment programs for residents. Therapists will use a variety of different activities such as arts & crafts, music, aquatics, and community outings to help maintain or improve a patients/resident’s physical, social and emotional well-being. Recreational Therapist will use tactful charting skills with each activity as well as necessary assessments needed for each resident. Recreational Therapist will monitor activity participation and do appropriate intervention as necessary for encouraging residents’ participation.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist with planning, organizing and leading activity programs for both individual and group activities.
- Drive the activities van.
- Perform a variety of different assessments needed for residents, MDS, mini mental, etc.
- Leads and assists with a balance of individual and group activities which address each of the following aspects of resident life: social, creative, work and service, intellectual, physical, and spiritual aspects.
- Encourage resident participation in appropriate activity programs which have been selected according to the assessment of interest, needs and potential.
- Records residents’ individual activity participation in the resident’s medical record. Recordings must be maintained in current status.
- Assists with the purchasing, maintaining and storing of activity equipment and supplies.
- Work as a part of a professional medical team to provide the highest degree of quality resident care.
- Able to relate tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, consultants, and the general public.
- Must comply with current Tuberculosis Test requirements.
- Must comply with current personnel policies and procedures including knowledge of abuse and neglect reporting procedures and ability to maintain the confidentiality of residents and the general public.
- Attends assigned meetings and in-services.
- Dress must be according to the Care Center dress code.
- Must be willing and able to help participate in other duties when needed.
The person in this position must interact with staff and residents in a positive, constructive, non-disruptive and professional manner in order to further Riverview’s mission of providing superior care to our residents.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation & CTRS
Preferred Experience: Experience in elderly or therapeutic recreation in rehabilitation setting or experience with Alzheimer’s and Dementia. Experience with charting.
Computer Skills: Basic computer skills, experience with charting in Electronic Medical Records
Certificates & Licenses: CTRS, current First Aid and CPR training, current Food Handler’s permit, current Driver’s License
|N (Not Applicable)||Activity is not applicable to this occupation.|
|O (Occasionally)||Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 – 2.5+ hrs/day)|
|F (Frequently)||Occupation requires this activity from 33% – 66% of the time (2.5 – 5.5+ hrs/day)|
|C (Constantly)||Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)|
**Must be able to have the strength needed to transfer residents. This position requires frequent walking and being on your feet.
Other Physical Requirements
Vision (Near, Distance, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
Sense of Sound (The ability to speak and hear is constantly required during course of day to communicate with reside)
Sense of Smell
Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) (Gloves)
This is an indoor position although going on outings is expected. Must be able to move intermittently throughout the workday. Must be able to lift equipment and supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. All employees in this position have occupational exposure to Blood borne Pathogens.
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist 2, PT (60%), Harborview Medical Center, Downtown Seattle
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapy Assistant, Riverview Retirement, Spokane, WA