JOB POSTING – Recreation Therapist – Bailey Boushay House, Seattle
Job Number: 170952
Department: BBH Rehabilitation
Located in Seattle, WA, Virginia Mason is an internationally recognized leader in the continuous improvement of health care. With an extensive list of awards and distinctions that includes our recognition as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason offers you the opportunity to partner with exceptionally talented peers at every level.
You will contribute to the strength of our Team Medicine approach to collaborative medicine and benefit from the changes enacted through our Virginia Mason Production System, a model that has transformed health care by providing patients with easier access to care, reducing errors, and continuously innovating patient safety and quality that has been adopted by other organizations here and abroad. Join us, and find out how many ways Virginia Mason offers you the chance to focus on what really matters – our patients.
The Recreation Therapist is responsible for planning and coordinating medically-approved recreation programs for patients. As well, this position participates as a member of the rehabilitation team in care planning and conferences. The Recreation Therapist incorporates into VM programs best practices identified through on-going review of evidence-based research.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation required.
- Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) required.
- Registration as a Recreational Therapist by the state of Washington Department of Health required.
- Also required are: excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent assessment, observation and problem solving skills; strong organizational skills; strong facilitation and motivational skills; working knowledge of community resources; and ability to use a PC and navigate software (e.g., MS Office).
Preferred: Two years experience in therapeutic recreation. Knowledge of dynamics of death and dying may be desired based on position.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
More information – https://jobs.virginiamason.org/job/VIMAUS757/Recreation-Therapist-Bailey-Boushay-House
- JOB POSTING – Recreation and Athletics Specialist 4, Walla Walla, VA Home
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist, Good Samaritan Medical Ctr campus – NW Portland OR