JOB POSTING: Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Seattle Children’s Hospital
Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, Rehab Unit- .6FT
Req. #: 16-11793
Provide individual assessment and intervention for the purpose of developing or restoring appropriate leisure lifestyle and participation in community activities for patients with physical, mental, emotional or social limitations who are served on the Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit.
Please note this position will include working some evening shifts and weekend day shifts.
– Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation.
– Minimum 3 years experience.
– Per the driver’s license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
– Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification)
– Registered Recreation Therapist through WA State department of health.
– Current Washington State Driver’s License.
– Pediatric experience preferred.
– Experience in planning and directing exercise and activities for children and adolescents with various disabilities.
– Work experience working in a therapeutic rehabilitation setting, preferably CARF accredited.
Please apply online: http://www.seattlechildrens.org/about/careers/
Direct link: https://www3.apply2jobs.com/seattlechildrens/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=11793&CurrentPage=1
- JOB POSTING: Memory Loss Program Coordinator, Phinney Ridge/north central Seattle, WA
- Don’t forget! Registration is available for our 17th Annual Conference.
I am currently in school for my cert. I am wondering how I get years of experience before I get the cert? I have not gotten a lot of information from my teacher as to where to look for a job. Do you have some ideas of how to get into the field? Or where I should look for some help
Some places will hire new grads that are eligible to sit for the NCTRC exam. Have you looked at all of the new postings on this page? I know some have different requirements.