Job Title: Program Coordinator
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Summary: Assist in the delivery of Outdoors for All year round program activities. Support the program staff in leading outdoor recreational activities through event coordination, training and guiding volunteer and participant groups; and equipment, facility and vehicle logistics. Assist with reception, processing of equipment rentals, registrations and other office related tasks.
Responsible to: C.O.O
1. Act as the designated staff representative at various programs including but not limited to year round programs, individual activities, day camps, ski series, weekend excursions, Demo Days, equipment rentals and Custom Events.
2. Assist Program Staff in the delivery of Custom Events, including program promotion, event logistics, and evaluation.
3. Coordinate facilities, vehicle and equipment logistics to insure quality customer service for internal and external customers.
4. Provide instruction or assistance in various sports and recreational programs such as cycling, hiking, skiing, water skiing, rock climbing, camping and paddling.
5. Facilitate equipment rental programs, including program promotion, responding to rental inquiries, equipment set-up and maintenance, rental confirmations, and program evaluation.
6. Act as program office primary receptionist during scheduled office hours to greet visitors, answer office, phones, and respond to general program inquiries. Respond in a positive and friendly way to customer inquiries.
7. Provide support to the program office for general office administrative tasks including data entry, filing, processing mail, and maintaining administrative supplies.
8. Assist Program staff with seasonal staff and volunteer trainings, including materials development, delivery, and feedback.
9. Develop and maintain good relationships with Outdoors for All community partners including parks and recreation departments, and vendors and/or sub-contractors.
10. Coordinate risk management issues related to programs to ensure that safety remains Outdoors for All’s prime goal.
11. Assist Program Staff in the maintenance of recreational vehicles and equipment (including cycles, camping gear, canoes, water sports gear, etc).
12. Drive Outdoors for All vehicles for the delivery of direct service and programs.
13. Be a positive representative and promoter of Outdoors for All programs, events and activities in our community.
14. Comply with Outdoors for All safety and health policies and procedures.
15. Participate fully as a member of the Outdoors for All staff team.
16. Other duties as identified.
1. Experience leading recreation programs. Specific experience in leading rock climbing, alpine and Nordic activities, ropes courses, cycle rides and water sports a plus.
2. Experience working with individuals with disability a plus.
3. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
4. Ability to assist in the maintenance and repair (or willingness to learn) of Outdoors for All adaptive equipment and facilities.
5. Ability to work flexible hours; includes regular weekend work.
6. Savvy with MS Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. Some database management a plus.
7. Ability to lift and carry and carry a minimum of 25lbs including adaptive cycles and other sports equipment.
8. Exhibit high level of energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
9. Commitment to a positive, fun and team-oriented working environment
10. Valid Washington State Driver’s License; must verify own auto insurance.
11. Current First Aid card and CPR training (or willingness to obtain within 90 days).
Salary: $12-15 per hour
Status: Full time; non- exempt.
Hours: Dependent on program schedule; includes regular weekend work.
Benefits: sick leave, vacation pay.
Outdoors for All Mission:
To enrich the quality of life for children and adults with disabilities through year round outdoor recreation.
- Job Posting: Outdoors for All – Program Manager
- WSTRA 16th Annual Conference