Job Posting: Outdoors for All – Program Manager
Job Title: Program Manager
To Apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Job Summary: In concert with other Program staff organize, develop, manage and implement all aspects of program activities, including Wounded Warrior Project program, Participant recruitment and tracking, management, retention and training; program promotion, transportation logistics, activity operations and risk management issues. Position requires approximately 30% travel in the Northwest region (WA, OR, ID)
Responsible to: Chief Operating Officer / Program Director
1. Manage the delivery of Outdoors for All program activities, including program promotion, planning, staffing, event logistics, and evaluation.
2. Provide instruction or assistance in various adaptive sports and recreational programs such as skiing, snowboarding, cycling, hiking, water skiing, camping, rock climbing and paddling.
3. Support Outdoors for All program delivery by acting as the designated staff representative at various programs including but not limited to Custom Events, Demo Days, individual activities, weekend excursions and traveling Military and Veteran programs.
4. Manage risk management issues related to programs to ensure that safety remains Outdoors for All’s prime goal.
5. Manage, recruit, retain and train Outdoors for All program volunteers.
6. Develop, manage and maintain good relationships with managers and employees of all Outdoors for All partner referral sources and community partners including ski areas, parks and recreation departments, and vendors and/or sub-contractors.
7. Coordinate with program staff regarding facilities, vehicle and equipment logistics.
8. Assist Program Staff in compiling information, statistics, and materials needed for the Outdoors for All direct service delivery.
9. Work together with Outdoors for All staff to review, update, design and compile program brochures and other Outdoors for All promotional materials.
10. Work with Program Staff in evaluating volunteer, participant and vendor activity and satisfaction levels.
11. Drive Outdoors for All vehicles for the delivery of custom event and direct service programs.
12. Provide staff assistance for Outdoors for All special events as needed.
13. Maintain accurate computer and paper project management/correspondence files. In a timely manner, provide Accountant with receipts and invoices for Program operations.
14. Be a positive representative and promoter of Outdoors for All programs, events and activities in our community.
15. Comply with Outdoors for All safety and health policies and procedures.
16. Participate fully as a member of the Outdoors for All staff team.
17. Other duties as identified.
1. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
2. Two years teaching/coaching skiing, snowboarding or other sports.
3. Two years experience working with people with disabilities.
4. Military experience preferred.
5. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
6. Ability to work flexible hours; evening and weekend work required.
7. Ability to travel approx. 30% within the Northwest region.
8. Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
9. Commitment to a team working environment.
10. Valid Washington State Driver’s License; must verify own auto insurance.
11. Pass Washington state Drivers background check.
12. Current First Aid card and CPR training (or willingness to obtain within 90 days).
Status: Full Time. Exempt.
Hours: Dependent on program schedule. Evening and weekend work required.
Benefits: See Outdoors for All Personnel Manual.
- Job Announcement – Recreational Therapist, Skagit Regional Health, Mount Vernon, WA
- Job Posting: Outdoors for All – Program Coordinator