Jefferson House is seeking an experienced, skilled, enthusiastic, and passionate Active Living Director to join our team!
Individuals with a keen interest in theater, musical performance, or teaching art to groups strongly encouraged to apply.
• Plan and conduct activities with a large group of varying abilities, both physical and cognitive
• Manage the department schedule, budget, and activity calendar
• Manage and train staff and volunteers
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Design team building initiatives
• Facilitate discussion groups, learning clubs, wellness programs and hands-on workshops
• Create interventions for specific residents with special needs
• Must have at least 1 year of experience planning and directing activities for elderly residents. A combination of experience and required education will be considered.*
• Must be drug free and submit to a drug screening upon hire and routinely.
• Must be able to pass a criminal background check upon hire and as required by state regulations.
• Ability to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors, and the general public
*TX/IL: Any required activity directing certifications
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist, Eastern State Hospital, Medical Lake, WA
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapist Providence Elder Place in Kent, Washington