We have a great opportunity for you to join our team within DSHS’s Child Study and Treatment Center as a Recreation Therapist. You will have daily opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills, and leadership capacity while making a real difference to the people receiving care and treatment. DSHS RTs provide therapeutic recreation services to patients with mental health issues. You will serve as an active member of the interdisciplinary team, conducting assessments, developing plans, and implementing recreational alternatives.
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients (ages 5-18)
- Organize and implement recreational plans to meet the individual patient needs and perform complex assessments
- Facilitate improvement of social, cognitive, emotional and physical function abilities
- Organize and lead recreational therapy activities both inside and outside the hospital environment.
- Meet with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop and recommend a therapeutic recreational program
- Maintain statistical information and documentation related to patient care and evaluate the results
- Strong leadership skills to lead groups of youth with severe mental health issues
- Someone who enjoys working independently, as well as in a group
- Professionals who have graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program
- Have 18 months of professional Therapeutic Recreation experience
- Registered as a Washington State Recreation Therapist
- And, have a current Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist certification
CSTC Recreation Therapists need to be willing to attain a Red Cross lifeguard water safety certification.
The hours for this opportunity are:
Monday,Tuesday, and Wednesday 12:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Thursday and Sunday 9:00 am – 5:000 pm
Friday and Saturday are scheduled days off
Questions? Please contact Lindsey White at Lindsey.email@example.com or (360) 890-5965 and reference #06386
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapy Assistant, Riverview Retirement, Spokane, WA
- Aquatics Help Needed, Seattle area