Join us in Transforming Lives!
Do you bring a spirit of service, professionalism, excellence, compassion and teamwork to everything you do?
We have a great opportunity that exists within Child Study and Treatment Center as a temporary Recreation Therapist. You will have daily opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills, and leadership capacity while making a real difference to the people receiving care and treatment.
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients (ages 5-18) who have mental health issues
- Organize and implement recreational plans to meet the individual patient needs and perform complex assessments
- Facilitate improvement of social, cognitive, emotional and physical function abilities
- Organize and lead recreational therapy activities both inside and outside the hospital environment.
- Meet with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop and recommend a therapeutic recreational program
- Maintain statistical information and documentation related to patient care and evaluate the results
- Strong leadership skills to lead groups of youth with severe mental health issues
- A professional who is physically fit to endure hiking and heavy lifting including; backpacking, carrying supplies or equipment and setting up for special events
- Someone who enjoys working independently as well as in a group
Professionals who have graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program and have 18 months of professional Therapeutic Recreation experience.
You must possess State of Washington Recreation Therapist registration and have a current Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist certification.
Recreation Therapist must be willing to attain a Red Cross lifeguard water safety certification.
Questions? Please contact Lindsay Taylor at (509) 363-4971 and reference #01175
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
- JOB POSTING – Recreation Therapist 2 position at Western State Hospital
- Open Board Positions for 2018-2019