|Tek Source USA, Inc. (TSU) is a Woman Minority Owned Small Business providing program management, contract management and contingent workforce support. TSU is currently seeking a Military Adaptive Sports Specialist to support the Military Adaptive Sports Program at Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA.
Assist the Military Adaptive Sports team with the management and operations of its adapted sports and reconditioning programs and activities for recovering Service members to improve the recovery process and quality of life as the participants adjust to their ‘new normal’. Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Assist in providing effective and efficient adapted sports and reconditioning programs for recovering Service members.
- Assist in coordinating adapted sports and reconditioning programs according to guidelines, standards of practice and professional code of ethics at multiple installations throughout the US.
- Identifies populations to be served based on age, disability and interests.
- Assist in coordinating adapted sports opportunities with local community and National Paralympic organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to provide activities that are appropriate to the population being served.
- Communicates effectively and professionally with senior military and community leadership as well as activity participants.
- Identifies community resources to provide support and augment the program.
- Encourages and provides Service members with information about monthly activities in their local communities.
- Participates in DoD Military Adaptive Sports & Reconditioning team decisions and problem solving that impacts programming and operations.
- Coordinates with VA to connect veterans with available programs.
- Experience working with individuals with PTSD and TBI desired. * Must have experience working with individuals that require sporting equipment modifications to participate in physical activity.
- Must have willingness, ability and experience participating in various adaptive sporting activities. Examples include Archery, Cycling, Rowing, Track and Field, Sitting volleyball, Swimming and Wheelchair basketball.
- Previous active duty military experience or experience working with recovering Service members or veterans is preferred.
- Proficiency with database management and other Administrative skills.
- Experienced in operating Microsoft office products.
- Ability to work with military Headquarters level staff or with local military commands.
- Ability to adapt to local military culture and effectively interact with military staff, government civilians, and other contractors.
- Ability to manage multiple activity schedules simultaneously.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work with recovering Service members and make the appropriate registrations and travel arrangements for their participation at adaptive sports functions.
- Demonstrate quality communication (written and oral), interpersonal skills, and a positive “can-do” attitude.
- Excellent organizational skills required with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Must provide data collection and report information as directed.
- Demonstrate ability to lead within a complex system involving individuals with diverse levels of experience, skills and abilities.
- Ability to be a self-starter who can help develop and implement a program with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to travel to events throughout the year as directed
Education and Experience :
- Bachelor’s degree preferred in sports management, recreation, adaptive physical education, therapeutic recreation, health care or related field
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialist certification or related certification preferred.
- Three to five years of appropriate experience in designing, developing, or executing adaptive sports programs with diverse populations.
Individuals applying for this position must, at a minimum, be a US citizen, meet the experience, educational, or other background requirements set forth above, and shall be capable of performing in an efficient, reliable, and professional manner. Tek Source USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/Veteran/Disability).
Job Type: Temporary
- Joint Base Lewis McChord, WA
- military: 1 year
- working with PTSD and TBI: 1 year
- working with recovering Service Members or veterans: 1 year
- Adaptive Sports Recreation (designing, developing, or executing): 1 year
Required license or certification:
- Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
MORE INFORMATION – Click Here