RECREATION THERAPIST – TWO PER DIEM OPENINGS!!!!
(Per diem, days, varied hours): reports to Psychiatric Day Hospital Program Clinical Coordinator.
Description of the Day Hospital Program:The Day Hospital Program is an acute, short term, active, and goal-focused voluntary treatment alternative to inpatient psychiatric hospitalization or a step-up from outpatient mental health care. This program is distinct and separate from the inpatient program and is operates from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The average length of participation is six to eight days. The goal of the program is to rapidly stabilize patients, to resolve crises, and to develop solutions and effective management plans for relevant life stressors. The Day Hospital Program offers a multi-disciplinary approach to patient care which provides complete and personalized treatment in a group setting using four components as a foundation for treatment: Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Interpersonal Therapy, Life Balance Therapy, and medication management.
Provides direct patient care and is responsible for communicating with other team members regarding patients’ behavior and response to the education and/or treatment plan and interventions.
- Facilitates group recreation therapy including topics of self-care activities, balanced structure planning, relaxation techniques, stress management skills, immediate coping skills, and leisure exploration and implementation.
- Performs Life Management Skills Assessment and contributes to the formation, implementation, and revision of a general educational and/or treatment plan for each patient.
- Assesses for and provides patients with appropriate referrals and resources specific to the patient’s treatment plan.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requires BA or BS in Recreation from an accredited school, board certification by the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist, and registration in the state of Washington as a Recreational Therapist. Also requires a current WA State driver’s license.
PREFERRED: One year prior recreation therapist experience in an acute psychiatric setting or alternative school.
Overlake Hospital / Overlake Medical Clinics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information, contact:
Nicole McNulty, CTRS/R
Overlake Hospital Medical Center
1750 112th Ave NE Suite B102
Bellevue, WA 98004
- JOB POSTING – Activity Director, Cheney Assisted Living, Cheney, WA
- British Columbia Therapeutic Recreation Association Symposium, September 15 & 16, 2016 at the Best Western Coquitlam Convention Centre.