The Recreational Therapist is responsible for overseeing the therapeutic activities program. The Certified Recreation Therapist will ensure the program is appropriate to the needs and interest of patients and is directed toward restoring and maintaining optimal levels of physical and psychosocial functioning.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, peers, clinical and non-clinical staff, supervisors and managers as well as staff in community organizations.
- Must possess the ability to work alone and be able to accomplish patient goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and address patient and family expectations and provide excellence in care and service consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, values and behavioral standards.
- Working knowledge or self-initiative to become knowledgeable of applicable local, state, and federal laws and accreditation standards as applicable to the role.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing, in a way that is understood by patients, family members and others related to the mental health care team.
- One year Recreational Therapist/Therapeutic Recreation experience in healthcare or mental health organization within the past three years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation Administration with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation
- National CTRS Required
- Current Washington State Recreational licensure in good standing
- Current Health Care Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR Certification
- Crisis prevention training on hire and ongoing