JOB POSTING – Recreational Therapist/Director of Activities at Riverview Retirement Community
Recreational Therapist – Director of Activities
Riverview Retirement Community has a full-time position available. This person will be responsible for coordinating and administering the recreation program for all campus activities and residents. Supervises a team of nine activities assistants. Responsible for the coordination of the volunteer program.
• Assures that purposeful activities are provided to meet the needs and interests of each resident. This includes residents in our independent living, assisted living and skilled nursing.
• Responsible for the planning, supervision and implementation of all resident activities in cooperation with the interdisciplinary team.
• Prepare and submit reports to reflect residents’ reactions and evidence of progression or regression.
• Instruct residents in activities and techniques such as sports, dance, music, art or relaxation techniques designed to meet their specific physical or cognitive needs.
• Benefits include:
- Medical/Dental insurance paid
- Life insurance premium paid
- License renewal fee paid
- Long-term disability insurance paid
- Identity theft insurance paid
- Small, not for profit facility
- State-of-the-art aquatics and fitness center available for employees
Education: Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation
Experience: Related work experience in geriatrics including experience with activity planning desired.
Certificates and Licenses: Must have a Washington State Recreational Therapist Registration and must be able to obtain a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist Certification from an accrediting body.
To apply please send cover letter and resume to: psoden@RiverviewRetirement.org
You can also print off an application from our web site www.RiverviewRetirement.org and complete it and send it to:
VP – Administrative Services
Riverview Retirement Community
1801 E. Upriver Drive
Spokane, WA 99207
- WSTRA Westside Professional Panel
- WSTRA 17th Annual Conference – Call for Presentations