Providence is calling a Full Time Recreational Therapist to Providence ElderPlace in Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a patient-focused recreational therapist to provide a variety of therapeutic social, recreational and diversional events for participants.
This is a full-time position (40 hours/week), day shift (Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm).
In this position you will:
* Conduct individual assessment to identify the participants’ individual interests/needs.
* Develop and implement an appropriate variety of individual and group activities.
* Participate in interdisciplinary care planning.
* Coordinate the recreation documentation for the group participants.
* Assist with training and supervising volunteers and/or youth job program assistants/student interns and their activities.
* Lead facility wide participant-centered events.
Required qualifications for this position include:
* Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy
* Valid Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Certification from National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC)
* Current Recreation Therapist registration in Washington State
* A valid Washington State driver’s license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
* Two years experience in providing recreation with the elderly or disabled
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate for Healthcare Providers (will be required within three months of hire date)
* Current Food Handler’s Permit (will be required within three months of hire date)
About the ministry you will serve – Providence ElderPlace is conveniently located in Seattle, WA. The PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) keeps older adults as healthy as possible in the community by providing comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our participants.
* We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details http://www.providenceiscalling.jobs/rewards-benefits/index.html
- Interested in running for a WSTRA board position?
- WSTRA conference abbreviated brochure now available