Cascade Behavioral Hospital is looking for qualified Recreational Therapists to join our team!
- Do you take pride in promoting quality care and service?
- Do you believe that by working together we can provide patients with the best opportunity for a lifelong recovery?
Acadia Healthcare operates a network of 76 behavioral healthcare facilities with more than 5,600 licensed beds in 24 states, the United Kingdom and Puerto Rico. Acadia’s newest facility is Cascade Behavioral Health in Washington State. Cascade was founded in 2013 and is located in Tukwila, Washington. The facility is a 135-bed hospital accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the Washington State Department of Health. In Cascade, we provide treatment for adult and geriatric psychiatric conditions, in addition to addiction recovery. Our core values are quality care, excellent service and exceptional people. We provide our patients with compassionate care and believe in maintaining their autonomy, dignity and respect. The applicant should be excited about making a lasting contribution to a fledgling hospital while benefiting from the security of an established corporation.
The Recreational Therapist is responsible for overseeing the therapeutic activities program. The Certified Recreation Therapist will ensure the program is appropriate to the needs and interest of patients and is directed toward restoring and maintaining optimal levels of physical and psychosocial functioning.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and possess the ability to communicate effectively with patients, families, physicians, peers, clinical and non-clinical staff, supervisors and managers as well as staff in community organizations.
- Must possess the ability to work alone and be able to accomplish patient goals without direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and address patient and family expectations and provide excellence in care and service consistent with the organization’s mission, vision, values and behavioral standards.
- Working knowledge or self-initiative to become knowledgeable of applicable local, state, and federal laws and accreditation standards as applicable to the role.
- Must be able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing, in a way that is understood by patients, family members and others related to the mental health care team.
- One year Recreational Therapist/Therapeutic Recreation experience in healthcare organization within the past three years.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Therapeutic Recreation or Recreation Administration with an emphasis in Therapeutic Recreation
- National CTRS Required
- Current Washington State Recreational licensure in good standing
- Current Health Care Provider or Professional Rescuer CPR Certification
- Crisis prevention training on hire and ongoing
Apply online at www.cascadebh.com or contact Sherry Cochran at 206-248-4676 for more information.
- Job Posting: VA Puget Sound – extended to March 6th!
- 16th Annual WSTRA Conference Registration Now Open!