Clare Bridge Program Coordinator, Brookdale Silver Lake, Everett, WA
In alignment with Brookdale’s Resident and Family Engagement philosophy, plans, coordinates and facilitates a calendar of dementia friendly programs that meet specific needs of each and all residents within the dementia care community. Provides person centered life enrichment programs while engaging residents in meaningful and purposeful programs within the Brookdale community enhancing their quality of life. Recognizes individual abilities and needs while encouraging independence and ensure resident habits, historical routines and preferences are honored in the provision of care and programming.
- Designs a 7 day a week person centered program that is exciting and creative and meets the needs and interests of the individual residents. Promotes and engages residents in the 6 dimensions of Optimum Life – purposeful, intellectual, social, spiritual, emotional and physical in a dementia friendly structured environment; including sensory focused small group programming for residents who cannot participate in a large group setting.
- Ensures life enrichment programs are in compliance with Brookdale Excellence Standards
Tool (BEST) standards, state, federal, and other regulations and meet Brookdale’s mission, policies, procedures and standards.
- Leads programs with the residents daily and coordinates the programming assignments of associates, volunteers and entertainment.
- Coordinates volunteer program. Follows and manages volunteer guidelines.
5. Completes program documentation, as required by Brookdale standards or state requirements
6. Plans, coordinates, appropriately decorates, and participates in special events at the community including holidays, signature programs, family socials, educational and marketing events.
- Plans and schedules programming events outside the community, which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
- Acts as a resource for associates and families coping with the changes dementia causes and knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias.
- Collaborates in the education of associates regarding dementia care including how to lead programs on an ongoing basis. This includes facilitating dementia focused in-services, computer based and situation specific training.
- Communicates positively with residents, families, and community professionals regarding
Brookdale’s Clare Bridge program and its benefits. Communicates with families regarding residents’ personal needs and successes.
- Reports changes in residents’ overall health to clinical partner, including changes in behavior; takes actions to address concerns in a timely manner and collaborates with the team in identifying interventions to address behavioral expressions.
- Participates, maintains and monitors department quality improvement tools including the
(BEST), budget and supplies as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Supports and partners with leadership in organizing the National Walk to End Alzheimer’s team in the community or local area.
- Performs personal care, housekeeping and dietary responsibilities, as needed, to ensure service quality is maintained in accordance with Clare Bridge Program standards. Has completed training and qualifications based on state regulations to ensure service quality is maintained in accordance with Clare Bridge Program standards.
- May directly supervise Clare Bridge Program Assistants; may act in supervisory capacity in absence of Manager or Executive Director. Assists Manager/Director/ED with hiring, training, and evaluating Clare Bridge Program Assistants.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in therapeutic recreation, gerontology, education or related field preferred. Minimum two years of direct programming experience with older adults and persons with dementia preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements
Must have a valid driver’s license and a current 3-year driving abstract with no more than one moving violation as a condition of employment.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Discount
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Referral Program
- Retirement Plan
- Vision Insurance
For more information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- JOB POSTING: Activity Therapist, Astria Health, Toppenish, WA
- UPDATE: Nominations are now open for WSTRA Board of Directors positions!