A message from the Dementia Action Collaborative…
Greetings from the Dementia-Friendly Communities project team of the Washington State Dementia Action Collaborative!
In 2016, our project team reviewed dementia-friendly programs and initiatives around the world, and created a fact sheet highlighting the key elements of dementia-friendly communities for Washington State.
This year, we are working to distribute this fact sheet, while exploring statewide interest in networking and resource-sharing around the topic of dementia-friendly programs and initiatives.
We want to make sure people with dementia in Washington State, and their loved ones, are empowered to fully participate in their communities. And we need your help! Read on for easy ways to get involved.
- Spread the word!
- Read the attached fact sheets – there is a short version ( DFC-WA Fact Sheet – Short Version – 12_20_16,) and a long version ( DFC-WA Fact Sheet – Expanded Version – 12_20_16 )with real-life examples.
- Forward this info, including the fact sheets, to anyone you know who might be interested in learning more about dementia-friendly communities – your friends, family members, neighbors, colleagues, partner organizations, coalitions, etc.
- Get connected!
Are you getting started or already involved with developing dementia-friendly programs (i.e. Alzheimer’s Cafes, memory loss walking groups, art programs, etc.) or dementia-friendly initiatives in your community? Want to network or share resources related to dementia-friendly communities, with others around Washington State? If so, please:
- Respond to this brief 5-question survey, sharing what you’re interested in, and the best way for you to connect with others. Deadline for response is Wednesday, May 31, 2017. Survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/ST6FMHJ
Thank you for your support and your consideration!
DAC Dementia-Friendly Communities project team members
- Rowing and Sailing Camp for Veterans
- JOB POSTING – Multiple positions, Skils’kin Agency, Spokane, WA