POSITION TITLE: Program Director, Full Time
JOB LOCATION: Forest Grove, Oregon ORGANIZATION: Adventures Without Limits
Adventures Without Limits (AWL) is a non-profit outdoor program whose mission is to empower people through quality outdoor adventures. Our goal is to offer programs that inspire personal growth, instill confidence, develop peer relationships, and enhance awareness of the natural environment.
Our adventures include single and multiple day hiking, canoeing, whitewater rafting, sea-kayaking, indoor and outdoor rock climbing, cross-country skiing, and snowshoeing trips. AWL is based in Forest Grove, Oregon, approximately 25 miles west of Portland. Most trips are conducted at the Oregon Coast, Mt. Hood, SW Washington, Willamette Valley, Central Oregon and Columbia River Gorge.
Oversee the development and execution of all Adventures Without Limits programs promoting our mission of empowering individuals through outdoor recreation. The Program Director is responsible for the training and management of trip staff, activity related risk management, program equipment, vehicles, permits and licenses.
AWL works with a wide range of groups and individuals including but not limited too: individuals with disabilities, at-risk youth, school groups, seniors, corporate groups, and others. We encourage an inclusive working atmosphere that creates an environment of openness and progress.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Scheduling and management of AWL programs
• Recruit, train, and manage staff, volunteers and interns in the areas of: whitewater rafting, kayaking, climbing, standup paddle boarding, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, backpacking, LNT ethics, disability awareness, and inclusion
• Oversee risk management and evaluation of the program with recommendations for change
• Maintains existing relationships and collaborations with client groups and schools
• Attends outreach events and represents organization
• Maintains permits and licenses
• Maintains and repairs equipment fleets
• Oversees vehicle maintenance
• Recruits for new agency partners and individual participants
• Minimum of 4-year degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Outdoor Recreation or related field, or equivalent experience working with outdoor programs
• Knowledge of principles and practices of recreational programming for people with disabilities
• Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
• Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
• Working knowledge of legal, regulatory, and risk management issues related to outdoor programs
• Mechanical aptitude and familiarity with outdoor equipment, trailers, and vans
• Must be willing to keep flexible hours
• Wilderness First Responder or higher certification
• Valid driver’s license with no negative incidents
• Rafting, Sea Kayaking, and White Water Kayaking training and certifications desired
• Swiftwater Rescue Training Certification (SRT-1) desired or the ability to obtain this in the first year ofemployment.
• Mid-level technology skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Google Drive, POS systems, booking software etc.
Diversity is a core value at AWL and applicants with diverse backgrounds, experiences, ability and perspectives are highly encouraged to apply.
$42,000 – $48,000 (DOE) Full-time. Benefits (after 1 month probationary period) include paid vacation, health and dental insurance, 403b retirement plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email a resume, cover letter, trip logs, certifications and references to email@example.com, with “Program Director” in the subject line.
Applications due by June 1st, 2019
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist, Western State Hospital, Lakewood, WA
- JOB POSTING: Activities Supervisor, Providence Marianwood, Issaquah, Washington