Providence is calling an Activities Supervisor (Recreational Therapy I, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington.
We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Supervise, hire, train, schedule, counsel, and evaluate activity staff, and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a program of orientation and in-service training for the activities staff and volunteers.
- Involve both clients and family in recreational therapy program, goal attainment, and review of progress.
- Oversee activities/volunteer program, including all documentation related to client plan of treatment.
- Maintain ongoing communication with Resident Council regarding current procedures pertaining to activities/volunteer program, if applicable.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreational Therapy or related field. Significant, appropriate and relevant years of work experience may substitute for degree requirement
- Must be eligible for certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist and completed within 2 years of hire
- A valid Washington state driver’s license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
- 1 year experience working with long term care activity programs OR 1 year supervisory experience
- Ability to communicate in English effectively both verbally and in writing
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Proficiency with MS Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook
About the skilled nursing facility you will serve.
Providence Marianwood in Issaquah, Washington compassionately serves people of all ages and faiths. Our Transitional Care Unit is designed for patients coming out of the hospital who need skilled nursing care, end of life care, or rehabilitation for those recovering from surgery or who have a functional loss from illness, disease, or an accident. Our Long Term Care unit provides skilled nursing in a residential setting, addressing the needs of our residents through creating a sense of community and home in “neighborhoods” and providing a model of care that is resident-centered.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Clinical Lead Supervisor/Manager
Req ID: 221057
- JOB POSTING: Program Director, Adventures Without Limits, Forest Grove, OR
- JOB POSTING: THERAPEUTIC RECREATION SPECIALIST, Seattle Children’s Hospital