JOB POSTING: Certified Tabletop Role-Playing Game Masters, Spokane, WA
Certified Tabletop Role-Playing Game Masters.
CTRS preferred, but other relevant experience will be considered. TR students are also eligible if they are far enough along in their program training and experience.
Qualified candidates will be paid $15 to $40/hr. Contractor or employee options.
Minimum 3 hours per week.
Potential for more hours commensurate with performance results.
Probationary period may require temporary lower rate for those needing more training.
CERTIFIED Game Master I (or equivalent diploma or formal training) REQUIRED.
CERTIFIED Game Master II (or equivalent diploma or formal training) preferred.
Please apply through Indeed.com here: https://www.indeedjobs.com/rpg-organization-dba/jobs/28a9871abbc18a81aff4
We have urgent need for 5+ additional Game Masters for upcoming client contracts.
Work will begin early January 2019.
CANDIDATES MUST INCLUDE A COVER LETTER AND RESUME THAT SHOWS RELEVANT EXPERIENCE (AND CREDENTIALS) TO BE CONSIDERED. If you are unable to attach a cover letter, then provide a customized resume applicable to the position and/or email rpgtherapeutics at gmail dot com with the documents in PDF or Open Office or MS Word format.
At least one client will likely be in an alternative public school setting, providing standard RPG sessions for at-risk youth ranging from 4th through 12th grade.
- Minimum 3 hours per week.
- May be independent contractor or part-time employee.
- Contractors must have liability insurance coverage, and recent (no older than 2 years) certified background check (or cover the costs of a new background check that meets Spokane School District requirements), and have the necessary paperwork to work as a vendor through the district.
- Certified Professional Tabletop Role-Playing Game Master I (or equivalent advanced training & experience through organizations like RPG Research or similar).
- MINIMUM 5 years GM experience with TRPGs.
- MINIMUM 1 years professional experience in educational settings.
- MINIMUM 1 year experience working with at-risk youth..
- MUST PASS background check
- Certified Professional Tabletop Role-Playing Game Master II (or equivalent advanced training & experience through organizations like RPG Research or similar).
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- 5+ years Recreation Therapy professional experience
- American Sign Language (ASL) proficiency
- 10+ years GM experience with TRPGs.
- 5+ years professional experience in educational settings.
- 5+ years experience working with at-risk youth.
- 1+ years experience with Cubicle 7’s The One Ring RPG
- 1+ years experience with Star Wars RPG (FFG, any time period).
- 1+ years experience with one or more super hero RPGs
- 1+ years experience with Doctor Who RPG
- 1+ years experience with No Thank You Evil RPG
- 1+ years experience with Adventures in Middle-earth (AiMe)
Department: Education Programs
Location: Spokane, Washington
Reports to: Program Director
Description: Will run minimum 3 hours of tabletop RPG sessions for 4th through 12th grade at-risk you at a local alternative public school. We can provide the game system materials, you will need to be prepared to run the proscribed adventures strictly following our Rules of Conduct, our professional standards for RPG, and the client’s standards for safety and engagement with the listed population.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide tabletop RPG sessions as Game Master.
- Provide prepared player character sheets for players, including pregenerated when appropriate.
- Run TRPG sessions for at-risk youth
- Typically 3-6 players per session.
- Session are typically 2.5 to 3 hours once per week, or 90 minutes twice per week.
- Session will vary from 1-shots to ongoing campaigns recurring weekly.
- Prepare adventures in accordance with our Codes of Conduct, Professional Standards, Rules and Guidelines.
- Provide and gather player assessment forms and enter into journal.
- Complete GM assessment forms.
- Address any group interpersonal issues, apply recommended conflict resolution methodologies and behavior modification techniques, and maintain players compliance with Player Code of Conduct.
- Exceptional GM organization skills
- Exceptional RPG player group dynamics conflict resolution skills
- Exceptional storytelling skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong general organization skills.
- Strong logging skills
- Strong assessment skills
- Enthusiastic communication style that excites others with your passion about the topics discussed.
- “Can do” attitude, and an eye for seeing where people need help before they have to ask.
- Outgoing presence.
- Well organized approach to preparing for game sessions and tracking participant progress
- Passionate supportive energy
- Patient and understanding
- Experienced tracking all assets when working with high-theft-risk participants such as at-risk and incarcerated participants.
- Empathetic, compassionate, and supportive
Part Time Employee: $15 – $30 per hour.
Contractor $20 – $40 per hour (must have own professional liability insurance, etc.).
New staff will likely only be assigned to one client per week during probationary period under heavy supervision. This typically means just 3-4 hours per week. Over time, based on staff performance and multiple client locations demand, this could become full time.
If you do not have the required training or certifications, you may either contact RPG Education ( rpg.education ) for paid training services, or consider volunteering the non-profit 501(c)3 organization RPG Research ( www.rpgr.org ). They will provide free training if you attend at least 1 training session per week, and help as a volunteer with at least 2 programs a month. Training and programs are typically 3 hours per session. If people attend 1-2 training sessions per week, they may be ready for basic programs within 3 to 9 months.
More Information: https://www.rpgtherapy.com/news/wanted-gm-2a
- TR Internship Posting: City of Lakewood, Colorado
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapist, Cascade Behavioral Health, Tukwila, WA