JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist, Puget Sound VA, Seattle, WA
Puget Sound VA is hiring a Full Time Recreation Therapist!
This position is located in Rehabilitation Care Services at the Puget Sound VA (Seattle Division) whose purpose is to provide care and rehabilitation to those veterans with a variety of disabilities, such as amputation, orthopedic issues, behavioral health issues and traumatic brain injuries. Your major duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Planning and conducting a well-rounded therapy program equipped to handle a wide variety of disabilities whose treatment goals and objectives are both complex and progressive in nature;
- Adapting treatment plans to the physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs of the individual patient;
- Participating as an active member of the treatment team and consult/co-treat with other medical staff to coordinate the patient’s treatment program;
- Procuring consultations from physicians, developing assessments, determining treatment goals, and creating treatment plans individualized to each patients needs and abilities;
- Noting patient’s progress or lack of progress, behavior patterns, evaluate treatment results, make necessary changes to the treatment plan and report these factors to the treatment team;
- Leading the patient into new and adapted leisure experiences generating the interest of the patient and attaining constructive, active involvement of the patient;
- Developing treatment goals and objectives and subsequent treatment plans that are progressive in nature but flexible enough in order to adapt to the patient’s changing physical, cognitive, and psychosocial needs.
More information and application available at:
- JOB POSTING – Recreational Therapist in Seattle, Washington, Providence ElderPlace
- 2017 WSTRA Conference