There is a current job opening for an Activity Specialist supporting the Northshore Adult Day Health Program, and also supplementing Wranglers Inclusion Program staffing due to continued growth. The expected hourly hiring pay range is in the low teens based on experience and the position includes full benefits.
Full-time (35-40 hours per week)
The Activity Specialist reports to the Activity Manager and will provide activity therapy to maintain – and, if possible, improve – the physical, mental and emotional well-being of disabled and aging adults.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Plan and implement daily activities for participants
- Integrate different forms of programming for stimulation (music, art, dance, etc.)
- Facilitate exercise and active programs
- Work with activity team to develop monthly calendars
- Partner with volunteer groups to provide activities
- Lead group activities
The successful candidate will have:
- A High school diploma or GED (a two-year degree in recreational therapy or a related field is preferred)
- Proficiency with computers (preferably including Microsoft Office Suite)
- The ability to lift at least 50 pounds, to assist disabled participants with transferring and ambulating
- Willingness to obtain a yearly TB test, Statement of Good Health, Food Handlers Permit, Series B Hepatitis test, and CPR certification
- The ability to pass a criminal history check
- 2 years of experience in social or health-related services, working with frail or disabled adults
More details, including application, are available on the JOB LINK.
- JOB POSTING – Recreational Therapist, Riverview Retirement Community, Spokane, WA.
- JOB POSTING – Activity Director, Cheney Assisted Living, Cheney, WA