DSHS CSTC Recreation Therapist
- Recreation Therapist 2
Great opportunities exist for registered Recreation Therapists at Child Study and Treatment Center (CSTC) in Lakewood, WA.
Recreation Therapists provide meaningful therapeutic recreation services to individuals with mental health needs. You will have daily opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills, and leadership while making a real difference to the children receiving care and treatment. Therapists serve as active members of the interdisciplinary team, conducting assessments, developing plans, and implementing recreational alternatives that have a positive impact on those in our care. Join us developing the Recreation Therapy programming on this new cottage and Transform Lives.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients (ages 5-18)
- Organize and implement recreational plans to meet the individual patient needs and perform complex assessments
- Facilitate improvement of social, coping, emotional, and leisure skills
- Organize and lead recreational therapy activities both inside and outside the hospital environment
- Meet with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop and recommend a therapeutic recreational program
- Maintain statistical information and documentation related to patient care and evaluate the results
What we’re looking for:
- A National Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Demonstrated professional therapeutic recreation experience
- Be skillful in group facilitation, developing a therapeutic relationship, and assessing patient functioning and need
- Strong leadership skills to lead groups of youth with mental health needs
- Ability to obtain Lifeguard Certification
- A Washington State Department of Health Food Handler’s Permit within 14 days of hire.
Questions about the application process? Email Brenda.Fitzpatrick@dshs.wa.gov and reference #02957.
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapist, Child Study and Treatment Center, Lakewood, WA
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapists, Washington State Department of Social and Health Services