DSHS CSTC Recreation Therapist
- Recreation Therapist 2
Great opportunities exist for registered Recreation Therapists at Child Study and Treatment Center (CSTC) in Lakewood, WA.
Recreation Therapists provide meaningful therapeutic recreation services to individuals with mental health needs. You will have daily opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills, and leadership while making a real difference to the children receiving care and treatment. Therapists serve as active members of the interdisciplinary team, conducting assessments, developing plans, and implementing recreational alternatives that have a positive impact on those in our care. Join us developing the Recreation Therapy programming on this new cottage and Transform Lives.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients (ages 5-18)
- Organize and implement recreational plans to meet the individual patient needs and perform complex assessments
- Facilitate improvement of social, coping, emotional, and leisure skills
- Organize and lead recreational therapy activities both inside and outside the hospital environment
- Meet with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop and recommend a therapeutic recreational program
- Maintain statistical information and documentation related to patient care and evaluate the results
What we’re looking for:
- A National Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS)
- Demonstrated professional therapeutic recreation experience
- Be skillful in group facilitation, developing a therapeutic relationship, and assessing patient functioning and need
- Strong leadership skills to lead groups of youth with mental health needs
- Ability to obtain Lifeguard Certification
- A Washington State Department of Health Food Handler’s Permit within 14 days of hire.
Questions about the application process? Email Brenda.Fitzpatrick@dshs.wa.gov and reference #02957.
- Supplemental Information
Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal record history may be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the job. This announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies. Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Washington State Department of Social & Health Services is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in any area of employment, its programs or services on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, creed, color, national origin, religion or beliefs, political affiliation, military status, honorably discharged veteran, Vietnam Era, recently separated or other protected veteran status, the presence of any sensory, mental, physical disability or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal by a person with a disability, equal pay or genetic information. Persons requiring accommodation in the application process or this job announcement in an alternative format may contact the Recruiter at (360) 725-5810. Applicants who are deaf or hard of hearing may call through Washington Relay Service by dialing 7-1-1 or 1-800-833-6384.
- JOB POSTING: Recreational Therapist, Mental Health Service Line at VA Puget Sound, American Lake Division
- Closing date extended! Job Posting: DSHS CSTC Recreation Therapist, Lakewood, WA