Providence is calling a Recreational Therapist (1.0 FTE, Days) to work in Pace Program at Providence ElderPlace in West Seattle, WA.
This position provides a variety of opportunities to develop and implement therapeutic interventions for participants in individual and group settings. Conducts individual assessments to identify the participants’ leisure and recreational interests and needs.
In this position you will:
- Develop and present Recreation Therapy plans of care on all participants.
- Assess participants’ leisure needs and abilities. Educate participants on community and home leisure resources at participants’ request.
- Participate in the interdisciplinary team meetings to give and receive information on participants.
- Develop and implement programming for a variety of therapeutic and leisure groups to provide for the cognitive, emotional, spiritual and physical health of the participants. Develop diagnosis specific programming including, but not limited to, dementia and mental health diagnoses. Coordinates with other staff to provide the programming. Participate in educating staff on techniques to maintain a calm, low stimulation environment for the dementia program and how to remove participants during therapeutic activities for other appointments.
- Develop and implement individual Recreation Therapy programs for those participants who are in need of, or who prefer, one to one recreational programming.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Recreation Therapy.
- CTRS Certification
- Current CTRS through NCTRC
- Recreation Therapist registration from the State of Washington.
- Current certification in CPR or ability to be certified within three months of employment. (Some facilities may not require).
- Food Handler’s Permit (or must obtain within 14 days of hire)
- A valid driver’s license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required. (Some facilities may not require).
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Two (2) years of work experience providing recreation with the elderly or disabled.
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence ElderPlace is conveniently located in Seattle, WA. The PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) keeps older adults as healthy as possible in the community by providing comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our participants.
For information on our comprehensive range of benefits, visit:
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence is a comprehensive not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services continuing a more than 100-year tradition of serving the poor and vulnerable. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Recreational Therapy
Req ID: 284816
- Update on status of TR Program at EWU
- 2021 Student and Professional Virtual Social Hour; Tuesday, March 9 at 5:30 p.m. PST; via ZOOM