Full Time Recreation Therapist position now open at Providence ElderPlace.
You will have the opportunity to work with a clinical team and clients that value Recreation Therapy!
Recreational Therapist – Pace Full Life in Seattle, Washington
Providence is calling a Recreational Therapist (Pace Full Life, Day Shift, 1 FTE) to Providence ElderPlace in Kent, Washington. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all – especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Develop and present Recreation Therapy plans of care for initial, semi annual, and annual care plans on all participants.
- Assess participants’ leisure needs and abilities. Educate participants on community and home leisure resources at participants’ request.
- Participate in the IDT meetings to give and receive information on participants.
- Develop and implement programming for a variety of therapeutic and leisure groups to provide for the cognitive, emotional, spiritual and physical health of the participants. Develop diagnosis specific programming including, but not limited to, dementia and mental health diagnoses. Coordinates with other staff to provide the programming. Participate in educating staff on techniques to maintain a calm, low stimulation environment for the dementia program and how to remove participants during therapeutic activities for other appointments.
- Develop and implement individual Recreation Therapy programs for those participants who are in need of, or who prefer, one to one recreational programming at the PACE Center.
- Develop monthly calendar of daily activities; This includes entertainment, outside resources and inviting other PEP disciplines to participate or provide resources; Coordinate ordering and maintaining the materials and resources for therapeutic recreation activities at the PACE Center; Maintain and coordinate daily attendance and activity statistics; Develop and refine forms as needed to maintain statistics.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Recreation Therapy
- Valid Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) Certification from National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC)
- Current Recreation Therapist registration in Washington State
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification or ability to be certified within 3 months of hire
- Current Food Handler’s Permit (will be required within 14 days of hire date)
- A valid Washington State driver’s license and have access to daily use of an insured reliable vehicle or an alternate ability to travel to sites as required
- 2 years experience in providing recreation with the elderly or disabled
About the ministry you will serve.
Providence ElderPlace is conveniently located in Seattle, WA. The PACE (Program for All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly) keeps older adults as healthy as possible in the community by providing comprehensive health care and social services including: primary and specialty medical care, a day health program, social work services, rehabilitation, housing (if necessary) and much more. The Providence ElderPlace team of health care and social service professionals and our affiliates provide comprehensive integrated care to our participants.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Recreational Therapy
Other Location(s): Washington-Kent
Req ID: 258116
- JOB POSTING: Activities Director – Jefferson House, Kirkland, WA
- JOB POSTING: DSHS WSH Recreation Therapist, Lakewood, WA