Reporting to the Executive Director, the Adaptive Sports & Recreation Programming Manager (SRPM) will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for leading ASNW’s fitness, recreational and competitive sport programs. Develop, support and grow adult and youth adaptive sports & recreational opportunities in line with the established strategic plan and initiatives of the nonprofit organization. Promote the mission, vision, and organization in the community. SRPM will expand networking with individuals, organizations and other entities in Oregon and SW Washington to increase opportunities for collaboration and to achieve our mission. Work with community partners to grow adaptive sports in Oregon/SW Washington.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Adaptive Sports Programs
- Maintain and enhance current adaptive sports programs, including but not limited to wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby, goalball, track & field, swimming, sitting volleyball, power soccer, and handcycling.
- Communicate with teams and athletes regarding practices, tournaments, policies, and organizational expectations.
- Assist with memberships and related documentation.
- Attend sports practices as needed.
- Recruit and identify volunteer head and assistant coaches.
- Collaborate with head coaches to help with team logistics as needed by the teams.
- Manage and maintain team equipment and supplies as needed by teams.
- Manage team travel and logistics for tournaments and other events.
Adaptive Sports Development
- Assist with the Development of current and future programming.
- Emphasize the quality and participant growth of current sports and identify other sports and recreational activities that are most appropriate for membership base.
- Assist with coordinating sports clinics and workshops to develop new or existing sport and recreation programs.
- Outreach to athletes in the community and region to participate in programs; work with rehabilitation specialists and rehabilitation clinics to develop new or existing sports and programs.
- Attend appropriate events to promote ASNW programs and mission.
- Assist with the development and facilitation of other ongoing ASNW programs and organizational growth.
- Assist, with Executive Director support, annual wheelchair basketball, ruby and goalball tournaments’ planning and preparation.
- Manage handcycling series and annual adaptive bike clinic preparation.
- Identify, and procure necessary equipment needed for functional, safe and consistent performance of recreational, fitness and competitive sport programs.
- Develop relationships and assist with other activities to improve all ASNW programming.
- Recruit, train and manage volunteers to support program offerings including communication, confirmation and training as needed.
- Attend board of directors meetings (or as needed) and communicate periodical updates regarding programming.
- Project financial needs on a monthly and annual basis. Maintain programming funds within the allowable boundaries of the budget.
- Communicate financial and budgetary issues with Executive Director.
- Assist Executive Director in building and managing individual sport and program related budgets including income, expenses and labor.
- Communicate and collaborate with ASNW development team to construct logical and probable financial partner outreach and growth initiatives.
- Timely reporting of all financial related information is required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation therapy, therapeutic recreation, adapted physical education, occupational therapy, physical therapy, sports management, business administration, nonprofit management, or related field preferred.
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience preferably in the nonprofit industry with focus on programming, outreach and communication. Consideration will also be made for candidates with private sector experience that are looking to transition to a non-profit.
- Applicant should have experience and or knowledge of working with people with physical disabilities and their families, and have an interest in running programs in adaptive sports.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skill sets.
- Exhibit a high level of energy, enthusiasm and initiative.
- Possess the ability to manage own schedule and maximize the use of hours worked.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize own schedule.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule with some evenings and weekend work required.
- Occasionally required to work weekends and evenings, with some independent regional travel.
- Hold a current Oregon Driver’s License and auto insurance.
- Access to a vehicle for transportation to out of office meetings and events.
· Year round, part time (~30 hours per week)
· $30,000 annual salary
· Paid holidays, sick leave, 1.5 weeks’ vacation time, flex scheduling
If interested in applying, please send resume and cover letter via email or regular mail to ASNW, 4840 SW Western Avenue, Suite 500, Beaverton, OR 97005. Please call with questions of clarification.
For more information
Adaptive Sports Northwest
503.241.0850 I www.adaptivesportsnw.org