WSTRA envisions an active membership driven organization that fosters professional development and quality performance among Recreation Therapy and Therapeutic Recreation Specialists in the state of Washington by promoting professional unity and public policy awareness, while building and maintaining sound fiscal management and organization practices.
WSTRA advocates for the advancement of the Recreation Therapist /Therapeutic Recreation profession through the provision of
education, networking, professional unity and public policy awareness.
WSTRA Strategic Plan
Goal 1) Engage WSTRA Members
- Maintain or improve the educational opportunities that WSTRA provides to its membership and the community.
- Provide members the opportunity for networking with one another throughout the year
- Reintegrate committee work with the WSTRA structure.
Goal 2) Consumer protection
- Advocate for the public’s protection and ensure the highest standards or accreditation through the achievement of licensure within Washington State for the safety of the general public
- Provide education to HealthCare Systems on importance of having CTRS
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary colleges at state and local levels.
Goal 3) Ensure the future of WSTRA
- Maintaining fiscal responsibility
- Assess WSTRA Structure and organizational duties
- Establish the use of modern technologies within WSTRA practices
PO Box 772
Issaquah, WA 98027