Recreation Therapist | Apply Today | We’re Hiring
Great opportunities exist for Recreation Therapists at Western State Hospital.
Western’s Recreation Therapists have a unique work experience because of the diversity of our patients and the ability to build long term therapeutic relationships. In this role, you will have daily opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills, and leadership capacity while making a real difference to the people receiving care and treatment. Recreation services provided will also include 1:1 engagement, active treatment groups and special events and activities. Recreation Therapists provide therapeutic recreation services to patients with severe mental illness and neuro-cognitive diagnosis. You will serve as an active member of the interdisciplinary team, conducting assessments, developing plans, and implementing recreational alternatives.
Join us in Transforming Lives!
$43,116.00 – $56,568.00 Annually
Pierce County – Lakewood, WA
Various Job Types
Dept. of Social and Health Services
Some of what you’ll do
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients with severe mental health illness both on the ward and the Recovery Center
- Interview patients, develop, and document individualized assessments and treatment plans
- Assess, plan, implement and conduct need-based recreational therapy to contribute towards treatment groups and individual therapy
- Provide consultation and recommendations to a multidisciplinary treatment team regarding patient’s recreational therapy needs to improve their quality of life
What we’re looking for
- Strong leadership skills to lead groups of people with severe mental health issue
- Professional and able to walk, sit and hike
- Enjoy working independently and in a group
Who should apply
- Therapeutic Recreation Program graduate
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist from the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification
- Able to register with Washington State, Department of Health as a Recreation Therapist
Interested we want to hear from you!
Questions call Surie Hughes 360-972-6206 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and reference #03595.