Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
Seattle Children’s Hospital | Seattle Children’s – Hospital Main Campus
4800 Sand Point Way Ne/box C-5371, Seattle, WA
- Bachelor’s Required
- Years of Experience
- Not Stated
- Shift Length
- Not Stated
- Full Time / Part Time
Hope. Care. Cure. These three simple words capture what we do at Seattle Children’s – to help every child live the healthiest and most fulfilling life possible. Are you ready to engage with a mission-driven organization that is life-changing to many, and touches the hearts of all? #HOPECARECURE
THERAPEUTIC RECREATION SPECIALIST
Our founding promise to the community is as valid today as it was over a century ago: we will care for all children in our region, regardless of the families’ ability to pay. Together, we deliver superior patient care, advance new discoveries and treatments through pediatric research, and serve as the pediatric and adolescent, academic medical center for Washington, Alaska, Montana and Idaho – the largest region of any children’s hospital in the country.
In 2018, U.S. News & World Report once again ranked Seattle Children’s among the nation’s best children’s hospitals – for the 26th year in a row. We received national rankings in all 10 specialty areas evaluated by U.S. News & World Report, and are honored to be the only pediatric medical center in Washington to be ranked.
As a Magnet designated institution, we recognize the importance of hiring and developing great talent to provide best-in-class care to the patients and families we serve. Our organizational DNA takes form in our core values: Compassion, Excellence, Integrity, Collaboration, Equity and Innovation. Whether it’s delivering frontline care to our patients in a kind and caring way, practicing the highest standards of quality and safety or being relentlessly curious as we work towards eradicating childhood diseases, these values are the fabric of our culture and community.
The Therapeutic Recreation Specilist provides therapeutic recreation services to patients with complex conditions or injuries, as referred by a physician. Assesses plans, develops, implements and modifies therapeutic recreation services that improve functional abilities related to play and recreation, to improve leisure and social skills necessary for safe return to the home, school and community.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation
- Per the driver’s license requirement noted below, must have a driving record acceptable to Risk Management.
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification)
- Registered Recreation Therapist through WA State department of health.
- Current Washington State Driver’s License.
- Experience in planning and directing exercise and activities for children and adolescents with various disabilities.
- Work experience working in a therapeutic rehabilitation setting, preferably CARF accredited.
- BLS/First Aid certified.
- Experience in hospital based pediatric Therapeutic Recreation programs.
- Area of Interest: Rehab & Alternative Medicine;
- FTE/Hours per pay period: Per Diem (hours per bi-weekly pay periods varies);
- Work Status: Per Diem;
- Department: Rehabilitation Unit;
- Shift: Day/Evening Shift;
- Job ID: 30908;
More information available here – https://www.liquidcompass.com/seattlechildrens/job/therapy/physical-therapy-rehabilitation/seattle-wa/seattle-childrens-hospital-main-campus/16814/recreational-therapist/10915529