Adaptive Recreation Programmer
City of Eugene Adaptive Recreation Services
Posting open through Mon 11/19/18
The Adaptive Recreation Programmer develops, plans, organizes, supervises, leads and evaluates comprehensive Adaptive Recreation programs and services to specifically meet the needs of community members with disabilities; including the inclusion of people with disabilities into general recreation programs. The Programmer also supports the daily operation of Hilyard Community Center and Washington Park Center. Receives direction and supervision from the Adaptive Recreation Program Manager and the Adaptive and Senior Services Section Manager.
The successful candidate will have a firm understanding of the principles, concepts, trends and best practices of community therapeutic/adaptive and inclusive recreation programming to provide recreation, social, and cultural services for children, youth, adults and seniors with disabilities. The Adaptive Recreation Programmer works alongside a supportive and creative team that values feedback and operates with a visionary mindset, in a dynamic and fluid community center environment.
Click HERE for a complete job description for Recreation Programmer.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in therapeutic recreation, human services, and/or a closely related field.
- Two years of experience with the planning and implementation of recreational programs and services related to therapeutic, adaptive, or inclusive recreation.
- Requires current Child & Adult First Aid and CPR certifications upon hire, and Food Handler’s Permit or ability to obtain within 30 days of hire.
- (other combinations of experience and education that meet the minimum requirements may be substituted)
- Possession of, or ability to obtain CTRS certification within 6 months of hire
- Two years of experience working as a team with other recreational professionals and/or as lead worker or supervisor of program staff, volunteers, or interns
- JOB POSTING: Activities Assistant, Franklin Hills Health & Rehab, Spokane, WA
- TR Internship Posting: City of Lakewood, Colorado