Recreation Therapist, CTRS – Full-time, Exempt, 40 hrs/week
Shodair Children’s Hospital
|YELLOWSTONE ALLIED THERAPY|
Yellowstone Program is a residential care unit for younger adolescents ages 11 to 13. The average length of stay is approximately 2 to 4 months. The Yellowstone Program provides longer term care for younger adolescents.
Starting Salary Range: $42,515 to $54,204 annually
POSITION TITLE: Recreational Therapist, CTRS
DEPARTMENT: Unit Program
SUPERVISED BY: Program Director
SUPERVISES: Activities Assistant/MHT
Plans, organizes, and directs medically approved recreation therapy programming for severely emotionally disturbed children and adolescents.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes an assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation process for each patient with documentation.
- Reviews completed payroll runs for accuracy.
- Develops patient goals/objectives and tracks progress.
- Attends interdisciplinary rounds and other meetings to report on patient progress and concerns.
- Directs and organizes active treatment offered in a group setting that based on the specific needs of the patient by developing creative and instructive groups that are focused on: creative arts, cognitive stimulation, social skills, leisure education, coping skills, symptom management, teambuilding, adventure therapy, stress management, exercise/physical fitness, community re-integration, and problem solving.
- Regular, predictable and reliable attendance at work.
- Maintaining a pleasant demeanor with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, and others with whom in contact.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Ability to physically handle violent and out of control patients.
- Ability to work any shift and any schedule.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors, subordinates, and others.
- Ability to handle stress.
- Ability to learn concepts of child development and apply that knowledge by implementing appropriate interventions.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to maintain, organize and inventory recreational equipment.
- Ability to perform recreation therapy assessments, treatment plans and interventions, progress notes and special recreation therapy and performance improvement assignments as delegated.
- Ability to participate in physical activities such as running, lifting, swimming and general play with patients.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE; CERTIFICATION/LICENSURE
Certification in Recreational Therapy through the National Council of Therapeutic Recreation (NCTRC). Lifeguard/first aid certification preferred.
- JOB POSTING: Certified Therapeutic Recreational Specialist Full-Time, Part-Time, PRN, or Contract, Rainier Springs, Vancouver, WA
- JOB POSTING: Activities Assistant, Franklin Hills Health & Rehab, Spokane, WA