We have a great opportunity that exists within DSHS’s Child Study and Treatment Center as a Recreation Therapist. You will have daily opportunities to expand your knowledge, skills, and leadership capacity while making a real difference to the people receiving care and treatment. DSHS RTs provide therapeutic recreation services to patients with mental health issues. You will serve as an active member of the interdisciplinary team, conducting assessments, developing plans, and implementing recreational alternatives.
Some of what you’ll be doing:
- Provide therapeutic recreational services to patients (ages 5-18)
- Organize and implement recreational plans to meet the individual patient needs and perform complex assessments
- Facilitate improvement of social, cognitive, emotional and physical function abilities
- Organize and lead recreational therapy activities both inside and outside the hospital environment.
- Meet with the interdisciplinary team, patients, and family members to develop and recommend a therapeutic recreational program
- Maintain statistical information and documentation related to patient care and evaluate the results
- JOB POSTING: FT Recreation Therapist, Department of Veterans Affairs, Seattle, WA
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapy Assistant, Tamarack Center, Spokane WA