Swedish is looking for a Recreational Therapist (0.35 FTE, Days) at Swedish Edmonds in Edmonds, Washington.
The Recreational Therapist will provide group and individual activities to promote change in functional self-care, problem-solving abilities, and coordinate with Mental Health staff to facilitate appropriate discharge planning.
In this position you will:
- Provide and document patient assessments of recreational, leisure education and community reintegration needs.
- Perform appropriate interest inventories and evaluations of communication and group skills to identify realistic goals to improve patient independence and facilitate discharge planning.
- Participate in inter-disciplinary treatment planning meetings, community meetings, patient and family conferences as appropriate to maintain continuity of care and promote effective working relationships.
- Provide required medical chart, departmental and hospital documentation and reports to meet JCAHO, hospital, payer and quality of care standards.
- Maintain the safe and effective use of all department equipment for patient care activities.
- Oversee all treatment provided by supportive personnel and students in accordance with federal and State law, professional standards of practice and hospital policy.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation from an accredited college or university.
- Experience in psychiatric/mental health inpatient setting.
- Current National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification and Washington State registration to practice recreational therapy.
About the Edmonds Campus.
Swedish/Edmonds (formerly Stevens Hospital) has been providing sound and thoughtful care for patients in the greater Seattle area for more than 45 years. We pride ourselves in employing only the most qualified and caring professionals. We are not simply a hospital or a workplace. We are a family. We are a community. Our mission is to improve the health and well-being of the community through local, high-quality and compassionate health care services. On Sept. 1, 2010, Stevens joined the Swedish family and became Swedish/Edmonds to create an innovative, regional health-care delivery network that provides more local services, while giving residents greater access to the latest medical treatments and the comprehensive services of the Swedish system.
The Swedish/Edmonds campus includes:
- 217 licensed beds
- 450 of the most qualified physicians and specialists on medical staff
- 1,400 staff including clinical and non-clinical personnel
- Full scope of medical and surgical services, including Level IV Trauma emergency medicine, diagnostic, treatment and support services
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well-being of each person we serve.
Swedish is the largest nonprofit health care provider in the Greater Seattle Area. It is comprised of five hospital campuses (First Hill, Cherry Hill, Ballard, Edmonds and Issaquah); ambulatory care centers in Redmond and Mill Creek; and Swedish Medical Group a network of more than 183 primary care and specialty locations throughout the Great Puget Sound area. Swedish employs more than 13,000 employees and 4,200 physicians. Whether through physician clinics, health education, research and innovation or other means of outreach, we’re committed to caring for the people in our region and beyond. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Recreational Therapy
Req ID: 180909
- JOB POSTING: FT Recreation Therapist, The Medical Center of Aurora in Aurora, CO
- President Chair Member 2018-2019