DSHS Recreation Therapist
What you’ll do:
- Provide therapeutic recreation services utilizing assessment, planning, intervention, and evaluation (APIE) processes in our Forensic Service Unit.
- Communicate and advocate in applying Therapeutic Recreation services for meeting patient needs
- Strengthen and support the different therapy roles by assisting with daily tasks and providing coverage.
- Provide consultation and recommendations to a multidisciplinary treatment team regarding patient’s needs to improve their quality of life.
To be successful, you’ll need:
- Understanding of the different requirements/roles of Recreation Therapists in an inpatient setting.
- Advocate for Therapeutic Recreation and the benefits it provides.
- Be skillful in group facilitation, developing therapeutic relationship, and assessing patient functioning and need.
- Strength in communicating with the different disciplines of a treatment team and hospital staff.
- Skilled in managing self in a compassionate, professional, organized, time sensitive, flexible manner with willingness to learn on the job.
We are looking for a professional who has:
- A National Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as a Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) or have a date established to take the required exam to be certified.
- Graduated from an accredited Therapeutic Recreation Program.
- Clinical Experience in Therapeutic Recreation.
- Experience working with the psychiatric population.
- Washington State Department of Health registration as a Recreation Therapist or ability to obtain prior to hire.
We offer a competitive compensation package of a base salary up to $52,788 annually plus outstanding benefits.
If you have questions about this exciting opportunity, please contact Lindsey Dicus or 360-890-5962
- JOB POSTING – Recreation Therapist – Bailey Boushay House, Seattle, WA
- JOB POSTING: Recreation Therapy Aide