Job Number: 171505
Department: BBH Rehabilitation
The Recreation Therapist is responsible for planning and coordinating medically-approved recreation programs for patients. As well, this position participates as a member of the rehabilitation team in care planning and conferences. The Recreation Therapist incorporates into VM programs best practices identified through on-going review of evidence-based research.
Bailey-Boushay House opened in 1992 as America’s first skilled nursing facility that was planned, funded, built and staffed to meet the needs of people living with AIDS. Virginia Mason — a nationally-recognized health care provider — has operated Bailey-Boushay House since the day they opened, ensuring those who come here receive the highest quality care available.
- Bachelor’s degree in Therapeutic Recreation required.
- Certification through the National Council for Therapeutic Recreation Certification (NCTRC) as Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) required.
- Registration as a Recreational Therapist by the state of Washington Department of Health required.
- Also required are: excellent written and verbal communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; excellent assessment, observation and problem solving skills; strong organizational skills; strong facilitation and motivational skills; working knowledge of community resources; and ability to use a PC and navigate software (e.g., MS Office).
Preferred: Two years experience in therapeutic recreation. Knowledge of dynamics of death and dying may be desired based on position.
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
For more information visit: https://jobs.virginiamason.org/job/VIMAUS1122/Recreation-Therapist-Bailey-Boushay-House?src=JB-10400
- JOB POSTING: Activity Director, Assisted Living, Cheney Care Center, Cheney, WA
- JOB POSTING – Recreation Therapist, Eastern State Hospital, Medical Lake, WA