Outdoors for All Foundation
Job Title: Program Coordinator
Job Summary: In concert with other Program Managers, assist in organizing, developing, managing and implementing all aspects of program activities. This role will have an emphasis in coordinating Outdoors for All day camp programs for youth and young adults ages 5-21 with Day Camp Manager. Activities will include but are not limited to; cycling, rock climbing, water skiing, kayaking, custom group events, support of day camps, Nordic snowshoe and skiing, downhill skiing and snowboarding and others.
Responsible to: Program Manager / Program Director
1. Coordinate the delivery of Outdoors for All Day Camps, Youth and Adult programs, Custom Group Events, and Private Lessons.
2. Provide instruction or assistance in various adaptive sports and recreational programs such as skiing, snowboarding, cycling, hiking, water skiing, camping, rock climbing and paddling.
3. Coordinate with program staff regarding facilities, vehicle and equipment logistics.
4. Assist Program Staff in compiling information, statistics, and materials needed for the Outdoors for All direct service delivery.
5. Work together with Outdoors for All staff to review, update, design, and compile program brochures and other Outdoors for All promotional materials.
6. Work with Program Staff in evaluating volunteer, participant and vendor activity and satisfaction levels.
7. Supervise volunteers and assist in volunteer training of various outdoor recreation events and topics related to working with people with disabilities, and risk management.
8. Drive Outdoors for All vehicles for the delivery of custom event and direct service programs.
9. Provide staff assistance for Outdoors for All special events as needed.
10. Maintain accurate computer and paper project management/correspondence files. In a timely manner, provide Accountant with receipts and invoices for Program operations.
11. Be a positive representative and promoter of Outdoors for All programs, events and activities in our community.
12. Coordinate Risk Management issues related to programs to ensure that safety remains Outdoors for All’s prime goal.
13. Comply with Outdoors for All safety and health policies and procedures.
14. Participate fully as a member of the Outdoors for All staff team.
15. Other duties as identified.
1. Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
2. 1-2 years teaching/coaching skiing, snowboarding or other sports.
3. 1-2 years experience working with people with disabilities.
4. Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills.
5. Ability to work flexible hours; evening and weekend work required.
6. Ability to travel.
7. Ability to lift and carry up to 40lbs.
8. Commitment to a team working environment.
9. Valid Washington State Driver’s License; must verify own auto insurance.
10. Pass Washington state Drivers background check.
11. Current First Aid card and CPR training (or willingness to obtain within 90 days).
Hourly: $15 – 19
Status: Full Time. Non-Exempt.
Hours: Dependent on program schedule. Evening and weekend work required.
Benefits: Vacation, Sick Leave, Holiday Pay, Medical Insurance, 401K matching
There are two components to our application process; we ask for these two steps to help ensure serious applicants for the position and help us focus our review of qualified candidates.
Each of the following two steps must be met for your application to be considered for this job posting: Step 1: Please include a one to two page résumé summarizing your recreation activity leadership and coordination qualifications.
Step 2: Please include a cover letter with your résumé to respond specifically to the following questions for your application.
Step 3: Submit application and supporting materials to Alecia McConnell at AleciaMcConnell@outdoorsforall.org
Please answer these questions in your cover letter 1. A Program Coordinator with the Outdoors for All foundation should have experience with both people with disabilities and with leading outdoor recreation activities. What is your experience with people with disabilities? 2. What is your experience coordinating or managing outdoor recreation activities? 3. Outdoors for All coordinators are asked to perform a wide variety of tasks while being only indirectly supervised. Please describe specific job experience working autonomously. 4. You will be working with a variety of equipment; Cycles, Kayaks, Rock Climbing Gear, Camping Gear, and more. Describe your experience with using and maintaining this equipment. 5. Why is working at Outdoors for All something that interests you?
- JOB POSTING: Program Coordinator, Outdoors For All, Seattle, WA
- JOB POSTING: Counselor, Camp Pierce, Pierce County Parks and Rec